This is a project focused on the identification of how advances in mobile technologies, commercial strategies, and current infrastructure deployments are considering QoE/user´s perception, while proposing business models that take advantage of the provision of QoE-differentiated services in mobile infrastructures. The main objective is to analyze how the QoE-based differentiation in the provision of mobile services can generate new revenue streams for mobile operators.
In order to reach this goal, the project developed by a unique consortium, composed by:
- Ericsson Research, and the research area Wireless Access Networks in particular, which works with development and evaluation of radio network features and standards towards the vision of the Networked Society.
- Ericsson Business Development area works with the identification and development of new business opportunities for mobile broadband for operators and consumer.
- Telenor Research is part of Telenor ASA. It helps to drive the transformation of Telenor to a Next Generation Communications and Service Provider by exploring new technology and service opportunities, with the aim to build insight which can be used to improve operations and suggest policy and strategy changes.
- The Swedish Post and Telecom Authority, PTS, is the Swedish telecom regulator. PTS works with consumer and competition issues, efficient utilization of resources and secure communications.
- Wireless@KTH as an academic partner with strong background and knowledge in the areas of QoE and techno-economic analysis of mobile networks and services.